HTS voices in festival
Steps to install HTS voices in festival
1. Install festival
2. Download the required hts voice tar.gz package( I recommend the cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts )
3. Untar it in any meaningful directory and copy the directory/festival/lib/voice to /usr/share/festival/voice
4. Now if you try to change the voice in festival by giving the command, (voice_cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts) and do a (SayText “Hello”) , it will give you the following error :
param -r not of type float
5. The show, just begins now, goto /usr/share/festival/voice/us/cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts/festvox
6. Now, vim cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts.scm and search for (“-u” ” 0.500000″).
7. When you get there remove the ” ” for all the float numbers, as in (“-u” 0.50000)
you have to do this for about 6 lines
8. :wq and you are done 🙂
Now open festival again , change the voice and try.
If you had installed my suggested version, you’ll hear a natural feminine voice
9. You can create a .festival rc with the following text and make this permanent
(set! voice_default ‘voice_cmu_us_slt_arctic_hts)